Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Tag!

I found I liked the other tag games so much that I am initiating my own tag. I will update about Ben very soon but I just need to get my mind off other things tonight and do something fun for me!

Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I do both depending on my mood. Gift bags are easier but I sometime I enjoy wrapping presents too. I volunteered at a wrapping booth when I was in band in high school and get really technical about how the gifts should be wrapped.

Real tree or artificial?
Definately a real tree! Fake trees just are not the same. I need to have the smell of the tree even if I find pine needles for the next 6 months.

When do you put up the tree?
We usually put it up a week or two before Christmas although this year I'm realizing that I would like to put it up sooner so we can enjoy the decorations longer.

When do you take the tree down?
A couple of days after Christmas.

Favorite holiday theme?
I don't know that I have one. I really like Rudolph though and snowmen. Those seem to be my favorites.

Favorite gift received as a child?
That one is really tough. I think maybe when I got my cabbage patch kid although I've loved every Christmas regardless of what gifts I got.

Do you have a nativity scene?
No, but I would like one. They have a great nativity seen with the willow tree angels. I think it is just beautiful.

Hardest person to buy for?
My mom

Easiest person to buy for?
Ben

Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A radar detector. (I won't mention who gave it to me!)

Mail or email cards?
Definately cards although I always find them to be a bit of a pain. But I love receiving them and seeing everyone's family pictures.

Favorite Christmas movie?
I love Christmas movies so it's hard to pick only one. My top favorites are It's a Wonderful Life, Rudolph, and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I usually start on Black Friday. It is my favorite day of the year to shop! But I do keep my eyes out through out the year for items I think someone in my family will like.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes but I'm not saying who I gave it to! :)

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
This may sound odd but anything with spaghetti/pasta sauce on it. I don't know why.

White lights or colored on the tree?
Colored lights. White lights just don't have any personality to me.

Favorite Christmas song?
I love Christmas songs too so it's really hard to pick just a few. My favorites are Mary, did you know, Have yourself a merry little Christmas, where are you Christmas and Oh come all ye faithful.

Travel for Christmas or stay at home?
Stay home. Traveling is not the same.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes, but only with the help of the rudolph song.

Angel on the tree top or a star?
Sometimes a star but this year it's an angel like what we used to have when I was a kid.

Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
We open one present on Christmas Eve and then the rest on Christmas Day.

Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The gimme gimme attitude of some kids at this time of year. I don't always think that parents tell their kids what Christmas really means.

What I love most about Christmas?
The surprises-mine and my families. Being able to help others at this time of year.

Ok! Now it's your turn. just copy and paste my answers in your blog and modify the answers for yourself. I'm tagging my mom, Sue, Stacy, Mary, Sarah, Jessica, and Linda to tell about your feelings on Christmas. I know this is a busy time of year but I'm expecting some answers! :) Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments: