Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yay!

I am so excited! I won the contest over at MamaBlogga for the "Me Time" piece I wrote. Now granted the winner was picked at random so it wasn't because of my fabulous writing :) but I won a $30 amazon.com gift card! Things have been so tight money wise so I am really excited about the idea of being able to spend $30 on myself. I love reading what other people have written and other blogs. If you do too, check out the other entries from the writing contest.

Me. Me. Me! by Shawn
Dear God, Why Me? by Megan Toney
I’ll take care of me, one way or the other by Daisy
Me Time by Jill
I’m a person, not a calculator by Tracy
Simple Things by Ursula
Just Like Brigitte Bardot by Mama Zen
Work IS My Time for Myself by Believer in Balance
What Time is It? by Mommy Zabs
Me-Time Is All in My Head by Marta Pelrine-Bacon
Searching For My “Me Time” by Amanda
Who Are We Kidding? by mumple
Me Time by Lisa
I Need Some Me Time! by Lynnae
My Time on the Throne by Candace (Mama Mia)
Did Wonder Woman Ever Cry? by Julie Arduini
Me Time! by Joleene Libby
Me, myself and I by Deb - Mom of 3 Girls
Don’t Just Do Something - Sit There! by phyllis
My “me time:is what I make of it by MomOnTheGo
Me Time for Moms by Jordan (MamaBlogga )

Ben and I had another snow day together. At this rate, I'll be going to school until July! It was nice though to have today. Ben has come down with a cough and it has kept him (and me!) up for the past 2 nights. He has just been miserable during the night, the poor little guy. I'm hoping that tonight is better for his cough. If not, I'm going to take him to the doctor's. But today gave us some time to relax and catch up on things. It was just a nice day. But I'm still praying for no more snow days! :)

2 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Hey, congrats! I think you should have won anyway, because your piece was really good. I didn't read the others though :) Sorry to hear about Ben's cough. The first winter seems to be the hardest on kids. My girls haven't been to the Drs. nearly as much this winter, I think they are finally growing out of the "sick" phase. I also hear you about the snow days, enough is enough! Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice day off!

Linda said...

congrats on winning that. Your story was cute. :) Hope your little guy doesn't get too sick.

SNOW SNOW SNOW GO AWAY!!! COME BACK ANOTHER DAY!!!!!