Wednesday, October 29, 2008

27 Weeks and counting

So in case you don't know, we are having another little boy! His name will be Zachary Daniel. Zachary just because we like the name and Daniel after Jason's father. I had a gut feeling that the baby was a boy. I don't know why but I did. So it wasn't too much of a surprise when the ultrasound tech told us the news. I am very excited for Ben. I think he'll make a great big brother and it'll be nice to have two boys so close in age.

Ben is understanding so much more now. He's 18 months old and it amazes me what he comprehends. We talk about Zachary being in my belly but I didn't really think he understood. Then the other day I said "Ben, can you give Zachary a kiss?" and Ben leaned over and kissed my belly. It was so very cute! I don't think he realizes there's a baby in there but he knows when we talk about where Zachary is that my belly has something to do with it.

Ben loves to talk now. He says so many words although I'm grateful he hasn't learned the word no yet. He says "Yeah" and "Yes" a lot when we ask him questions. He also loves to roar like a lion. He copies so much of what we do. It really makes me aware of what we're saying and doing as you know he's always watching. Not long ago, he took my mom's deodorant and started trying to put it under his arms. It was very funny!

I am 27 weeks pregnant now and to be honest I can't wait to be done being pregnant. Don't get me wrong. I am very grateful that I'm able to be pregnant and be blessed with this baby. I'm just not a person who enjoys being pregnant. I love feeling the baby and I do love my belly. What I don't love is the back pain, the heart burn and now because of my anemia the heart palpitations and shortness of breath. But I also know it's all worth it in the end. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll schedule my c-section for sure then. I think they'll be doing it the 20th of January but it'd just be nice to have a date that's more for sure.

Well, I just wanted to give an update since it's been so long. We did take Ben for his pictures a couple of weeks ago. I'll try to post his pictures this weekend. They came out great and he looks like such a little man! Until then! :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congrats Jo!! How exciting another boy!! It's neat that they will be close in age and I'm sure Benjamin will be an awesome big brother!! :)