My little boy is now 9 months old. Did you notice I said boy, not baby? He no longer seems like a baby. He looks and plays like a little boy. It is amazing to me that this 21 pound little boy is the same 6 pounds 3 ounces baby I held in my arms on the day he was born. He has grown so quickly and I've learned so many things as a mom. Here are just a few of the things that I have learned as a mom.
* Your heart has a capacity to love such as you have never known.
* You will start to worry about what school they will go to even though they have 5 more years to go until they enter kindergarten.
* Poop stains. Enough said.
* Remotes and phones make great toys or at least that's what baby will think.
* They say the fastest animal on the earth is a cheetah. Yeah, right! The fastest animal is a baby who is going after something they want!
* Cheerios can somehow make it into a baby's diaper and you will never figure out how they made their way there.
* At first you are excited about the teeth they are getting in. Then you remember that you are still nursing. Do you see where I'm going with this?
* Baby food stains are AWFUL to get out. How can this be? They're just vegatables and fruits!!
* If you have something, the baby wants it.
* No matter how tired, irritated, or grumpy you are, when you look at his face, your heart will melt and you will fall in love all over again.
* Seeing your husband with his son makes you love him all over again and appreciate him in a new light.
* It is amazing how fast a cat will run when a baby boy is going after him.
* Rice cereal tastes really awful.
* Poop can shoot out at you at amazing speeds!
* If your baby is a boy, eventually they will pee on themselves, you or on the family cat!
* A baby passing gas is much louder than you could imagine.
* Wet kisses are one of the best treats ever!
* Anything that can be put in a baby's mouth, will be put in a baby's mouth!
* The baby will be in their winter jacket, strapped into the car seat and you are ready to leave the house to go to work. Then you will smell that smell that tells you what the smile on his face was really all about!
* Grammies and Aunties are around to save your sanity!
* You will worry over sniffles, coughs and anything else you don't think is normal.
* Leaving the baby for the first time is brutal!
* Toys have the ability to multiply and take over your house!
* Burp clothes are a neccesity!!
* Seeing your baby crawl for the first time is one of the most exciting times.
* Eventually your excitement over the crawling turns to regret as you realize that the baby can now get into almost everything!
* The baby will leak out of his diaper at the worst possible time imaginable.
* One of the best sounds in the world is that of your baby's laughter.
* You will never be able to imagine your life without them and that is a good thing.
I still have a lot to learn but those are just a few that I've learned so far. We took Ben to Kiddie Kandids to have his 9 month pictures taken. I think they came out really great. Hope you like them.